Wednesday, November 10, 2010

IntMath Quest 9

Captains log, Stardate 10/11/2010.
For the past few nights I've been playing Dragon Quest 9. So far I find it to be absolutely adorable. The first thing I noticed was that the cut scenes, while not graphically brilliant, actually consist of models that are not regular game play. For the Nintendo DS I think that goes a long way with me. I have not tried the coop yet, but am attempting to gather some people who I'll be able to play this with. From the few quests I've completed so far I am absolutely loving how each quest, no matter how insignificant or non-relevant to the story has in itself a well thought out and planned story. For example I take the "Wight Knight" Quest. Relevant to the main story line? No. Has a complete back story that results in me actually caring about the outcome? Yes. I absolutely can't wait to play more of this game.

On a side note,
 I've started on my Software Design class assignment for creating a scanner and parser for a small language called IntMath in Java. This is essentially the same assignment that I had last year, which I did not do very well on so it's ROUND 2. I have a better grasp this time around of the overall structure that I want to have in the functionality so I have a feeling its going to go much better this time around. 
Stay Classy.


3 comments:

  1. I WANT TO PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    but paper mario 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. IM JUST SAYING, IT HAS WIFI CO-OP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paper Mario 2.

    You automatically can't beat that. That game was my entire childhood.

    YES. FROM AGE 0 to 12 PAPER MARIO 2 WAS MY CHILDHOOD.

    If you beat it/get bored by Christmas can I borrow it?

    If you still aren't bored of it can I borrow it during reading week?

    I'll trade you world ends with you!

    ReplyDelete